- Shielding prevents interference from external sources
- Greater reduction of interference such as crosstalk
- Provides NEXT performance beyond 600 MHz
- Supports IEEE 802.3af and is DTE power compliant
- Low-profile hood is ideal for high-density switch applications
- PoE rated to four times the standard
- 50 Micron Gold Plated Short Body RJ45 Connectors
- Constructed of 4 UTP 26AWG Stranded Pure Copper Wire
- CM Type PVC Jacket
- Molded Strain Relief Snagless Boot
- UL/cUL Listed
- Meet or Exceed TIA/EIA-568 Standard
- RoHS Compliant
FireFold’s Category 6 (CAT6A Ethernet Cable) shielded Ethernet cables are made to meet market standards and assure the best performance in today’s high-speed networks. CAT6a shielded cables are backwards compatible with any 10BaseT or 100BaseT network cards and hubs, allowing you to change out your old cables for these without having to change out your equipment.
Cat6a is the latest standard that can run up to a 600 MHz frequency, transferring up to 10-Gigabits through appropriate equipment. The Cat6a shielded cables still hold a 50-micron gold plated contact within the RJ45 connectors, just as all of FireFold’s Ethernet cables to help prevent corrosion. A boot rests upon each connector, helping prevent snags and damage to your cable.
These CAT6a shielded cables are constructed from four 26 AWG shielded twisted pair pure copper wire strands in a PVC cable casing. The SSTP (screen shielded twisted pair) wires of these Cat6a patch cables are twisted together to reduce cross talk and the individual pairs have shielding around them. The pairs as a unit have an additional braided screen around them.
With a variety of lengths available, you can get the perfect Cat6a patch cable to meet your needs and get your network setup with ease. You can run lengths of up to 328 feet with these cables.