Vertical Cable Cat5E Plenum Cable Solid Shielded 1000ft 24AWG STP Bare Copper 350MHz
*Discount reflected in cart.
The Shielded, Cat5E Plenum Cable 1000ft bulk amount, is a must-have for any indoor Plenum rated networking jobs in any noisy situation. This rating of cable is designed with a flame retardant FEP jacket along with an STP (shielded twisted pair) shielding manufactured to resist cross-talk and electromagnetic interference that comes with networking in close proximity to other cable sources.
Considered the Industry Standard for most network installations, Category 5 (CAT5E, or CAT5) is a "twisted pair" network cable used for carrying data signals at speeds of up to 350MHz of bandwidth.
Plenum (CMP) Rated PVC Jacket
Plenum rated Cat5E cable contains a flame retardant PVC jacket and is designed for cable runs being laid in spaces defined as "Air Plenums", this includes raised flooring systems, air handling ducts, etc. Plenum jackets produce less smoke than traditional PVC jackets.
STP (Shielded Twisted Pair)
This type of cable comes complete with a foil and mylar tape shielding to protect the signal strength of the cable and ensure that there is no signal loss due to nearby electrical equipment, or cross-talk from additional cables in close proximity.
Solid Cable Design
Designed for more straight-forward, simple installations, this particular style of solid cable is perfect for most installations where cable runs do not require several bends and twists in the line.
For this particular cable, the gauge is 24 AWG, which is a diameter of about 0.0201 Inches, or 0.511mm. 24AWG is the Industry Standard for any typical network cable installation. American Wire Gauge (AWG) is the standardized gauging system for measuring wire sizes.
- Rated Temperature: 70 ºC
- Product Standard Certification: CMP
- Flammability Test: UL 444
- Conductor Size: 24 AWG Solid Bare Copper
- Insulation: FEP
- Insulation Diameter (±0.005mm): 0.95
- Twisted Pair Diameter (±0.01): 1.90
- PE-Tape: Yes
- Drain Wire: 0.40 (Solid TC)
- Aluminum Foil: Yes
- PE-Tape: Yes
- Jacket: FR-PVC
- Outer Diameter (±0.10mm): 5.90
- Rip Cord: Yes (Nylon)
- Test Object: Jacket
- Test Material: FR-PVC
- Before Tensile Strength (Mpa): >=13.8
- Aging Elongation (%): >=100
- Aging Condition (ºCxhrs): 100x168
- After Tensile Strength (Mpa): >=85% of unaged
- Aging Elongation (%): >=50% of unaged
- Cold Bend (-20±2º Cx4hrs): No Crack
- Marking on Jacket: CAT5E CMP 24AWG FTP c(ETL) US FT6 350MHz ETL VERIFIED CAT5E TO TIA-568B.2 RoHS XXXFT (SEQUENTIAL FOOT MARKERS ON JACKET)
- Certifications: RoHS Compliant, ETL Listed, Exceeds TIA/EIA-568B.2-1, ISO/IEC 11801, CMP-Rated
- Spec Sheet