This splitter is designed to take signal from a single source like a Blu-ray player, computer, or game console and split it out to two televisions or monitors. It comes with a built-in equalizer to help your signal run longer distances and is rated for cables up to 66 feet after the split. The 280702 1x2 splitter comes with the most up-to-date HDMI specifications including 3D, 4K resolutions, and even 7.1 Dolby surround sound. It is also fully HDCP compliant so you can avoid many of those tiresome handshake issues.
Set-up is simple. In addition to the 280702 HDMI splitter, you need HDMI cables and an available outlet. This box must be plugged in to work, but it comes with a 5v power supply. This splitter is also compatible with Vanco’s Super IR system for running IR over HDMI. Additional adapters are required for use of the Super IR feature.
Shake it Up
With great digital power comes great digital responsibility. Many new HDMI devices have to adhere to the most recent wave of copy protection called High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection, or HDCP. New devices are issued codes and they are programmed to have to check them against a large database of approved codes in order for your electronics to send and receive signals. HDCP basically acts like a bouncer, checking the IDs of every device at the door to ensure no authorized entries are made.
This process, known as the HDMI handshake, isn’t flawless and errs on the side of caution every time. If you’re having trouble with the transmission of audio, video, or both, there are a couple of common, easy fixes. Just like in every other type of technology, the first thing to try is a reboot. Turn your equipment off for a few minutes and then switch it back on. The next step, if a reboot proves unsuccessful, is to unplug your devices and connect them again in a different order. It usually works best to start with the device that supports the lowest resolution. For example, if one of your screens is 1080p and the other is 720p, connect to the 720p first. Still having issues? No problem! Contact us and we can walk you through more advanced troubleshooting options.
- HDCP Compliant
- Video Bandwidth: 340 Mhz (10.2 Gbps)
- Video Support: 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p @ 60 36-bit/2160p
- Audio Support: Standard Audio, DSD Audio and HD (HBR) Audio, 7.1 and 5.1 Surround Audio, Dolby Digital, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS Master Audio
- ESD Protection: X 8kV (air-gap discharge) & X 4kV (contact discharge)
- Input: (1) HDMI, (1) IR Socket for IR Transmitter
- Output: (2) HDMI, (2) IR Sockets for IR Receivers
- HDMI Connector: Type A 19 Pin Female
- 3.5mm Connector: (System IR) Receives IR Commands from Remote Control
- Housing: Metal Enclosure
- Power Supply: DC 5V 2A, 100~240V
- Operation Temperature: 32~104 F
- Storage Temperature: -4~140 F
- Relative Humidity: 5-90% RH (no condensation)
- (1) 1x2 HDMI splitter
- (1) Power supply