- Traces and identifies cables quickly and accurately
- Uses digital signal technology, avoiding noise and false signals
- Traces cables at a distance
- Identifies cables in bundles or at patch panels
- Sends digital tones in two distinct modes: one note-tone & two-note tone
- Receiving tone sensitivity level: 9 levels
- LED Bar and speaker are used as indicators
- Can use probe to trace traditional 1K Hz analog tone
- Cable map: pin to pin test for cable opened/shorted/reversed/crossed/mis-wire
- Cable continuity test: open/continuity
- Telephone service and polarity test: + polarity; - polarity; ringing
- Probe has an adjustable speaker volume level suitable for various work environment
- Auto Power-off and low battery indicator
The SmartTone & Smart Probe is a revolutionary network installation and troubleshooting tool, it goes entirely above and beyond the traditional methods to trace & identify cables. In the past, when using a tone and probe tool you had to listen quite closely to identify the tone signals; it was easy to confuse the signal with surrounding noises making it difficult to be certain of the results.
The SmarTone & Smart Probe uses advanced digital signal technology to trace and identify cables in high speed and high precision; avoiding noise and false signals. It is a true breakthrough beyond traditional testing methods.
The SmarTone and Smart Probe is compatible with traditional analog tone generators. Finally, it is not only a Digital tone & Probe but also a cable tester; it can test cable continuity, telephone service/polarity, and even wire mapping.