The Shielded, Plenum 1000 foot Cat6 Bulk Cable is a must-have for any indoor Plenum rated networking jobs in any noisy situation. This rating of cable is designed with a flame retardant FEP jacket along with an STP (shielded twisted pair) shielding manufactured to resist cross-talk and electromagnetic interference that comes with networking in close proximity to other cable sources.
Considered an Industry Standard for most network installations, Category 6 is a "twisted pair" network cable used for carrying data signals at speeds of up to 550MHz of bandwidth.
Plenum (CMP) Rated PVC Jacket
Plenum rated Cat6 cable contains a flame retardant PVC jacket and is designed for cable runs being laid in spaces defined as "Air Plenums", this includes raised flooring systems, air handling ducts, etc. Plenum jackets produce less smoke than traditional PVC jackets.
STP (Shielded Twisted Pair)
This type of cable comes complete with a foil and mylar tape shielding to protect the signal strength of the cable and ensure that there is no signal loss due to nearby electrical equipment, or cross-talk from additional cables in close proximity.
Solid Cable Design
Designed for more straight-forward, simple installations, this particular style of solid cable is perfect for most installations where cable runs do not require several bends and twists in the line.
For this particular cable, the gauge is 24 AWG. American Wire Gauge (AWG) is the standardized gauging system for measuring wire sizes.
- Rated Temperature: 70 ºC
- Rated Voltage (V): 30
- Product Standard Certification: CMP
- Conductor Size: 23 AWG Solid Bare Copper
- Insulation: PE
- Average Thickness (mm): 0.213
- Insulation Diameter (±0.005mm): 1.01
- Twisted Pair Diameter (±0.01): 2.02
- Filler: LDPE
- Shield: AL-Foil
- Drain Wire (TC): 0.40
- Assembly Diameter: 6.20
- Jacket: FR-PVC
- Average Thickness (mm): (0.65)
- Minimum Point Thickness (mm): (0.60)
- Outer Diameter: 7.50
- Rip Cord: Yes
- Color of Pairs: Pair 1: Blue,White-Blue; Pair 2: Orange,White-Orange; Pair 3: Green,White-Green; Pair 4: Brown,White-Brown
- Test Object: Jacket
- Test Material: FR-PVC
- Before Tensile Strength (Mpa): >=13.8
- Aging Elongation (%): >=100
- Aging Condition (ºCxhrs): 100x168
- After Tensile Strength (Mpa): >=85% of unaged
- Aging Elongation (%): >=50% of unaged
- Cold Bend (-20±2º Cx4hrs): No Crack
- Marking on Jacket: CAT6 CMP 23AWG STP c(ETL) US FT6 550MHz ETL VERIFIED CAT6 TO TIA-568B.2 RoHS XXXFT (SEQUENTIAL FOOT MARKERS ON JACKET)
- Certifications: RoHS Compliant, ETL Listed, Exceeds TIA/EIA-568B.2-1, ISO/IEC 11801
- Spec Sheet