This HDMI to VGA converter with audio is great for connecting a laptop or PC with an HDMI connection to a VGA monitor. The HDMI male connector plugs directly into the computer, while the female port accepts a VGA cable to connect to the monitor. It comes with a 3.5mm cable to carry audio to external speakers or speakers built-in to the monitor, and is powered via USB (also included).
- (1) 3.3ft USB Male to Micro USB Cable (for power)
- (1) 3.3ft 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable
- (1) HDMI to VGA Converter
- USE AN EXTERNAL MONITOR WITH YOUR LAPTOP. Connects a laptop or PC with HDMI to a VGA monitor.
- PLUG & PLAY. Easy to operated - simply connect to the appropriate devices to transmit video and audio automatically.
- NO EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY. Powered via any open USB port. A USB to Micro USB cable is included for power.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE. Lightweight with minimal footprint, easy to transport in a laptop case.
- A YEAR OF REASSURANCE. FireFold 1 Year Warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Supported Resolutions: Up to 1080p, UXGA (1600x1200)
- 10-bit DAC with De-embedded Audio
- Data Transfer Rate: 6.75Gbps
Is this directional?
Yes, this adapter is directional. It can only take HDMI from a computer to a VGA monitor.
Does this transfer audio and video?
VGA is a video-only connection, so this will not transfer audio. You will need to utilize the 3.5mm connection with some type of external speakers to transmit audio signals.
Can I plug the VGA into my computer and the HDMI into my TV?
This converter is directional, so that would not work. You would need a VGA to HDMI converter. We have those as well.
Does this change the port from an input to an output?
No, the direction of a port cannot be changed.
Will this work with any device?
This adapter is just for an HDMI computer to a VGA monitor. It most likely will not work with any other source.
Is this HDCP compliant?
No, this adapter is not HDCP compliant.
Is this HDMI 2.0?
No, this converter is not HDMI 2.0.
Will this work with Windows 10?
No, this product is not tested and approved for Windows 10 devices.
Will this work with Apple products?
We do not suggest using this item for Apple products as they require HDCP. Most Apple products use alternative connectors, though, and there may be another port you can use to connect to VGA.