This tester is a necessity for home theater buffs and installers. It quickly and accurately checks up to 164 feet of signal continuity on Type A and C HDMI cables so you can move on to the next project. Straightforward LED indicators confirm pass, open, short and cross in three different test modes: fast, slow, and step-by-step manual testing. The compact units come complete with a handy protective carrying case for travel. Requires a DC 9V battery for operation (not included).
- QUICK, ACCURATE TESTING. Instant continuity testing in three modes: fast, slow and step-by-step manual.
- STRAIGHTFORWARD RESULTS. Simple LED indicators confirm pass, open, short and cross.
- CASE INCLUDED. Comes with a convenient protective carrying case for travel.
- A YEAR OF REASSURANCE. Comes with the FireFold 1 Year Warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Supported Cables: HDMI Type A and C Connectors Conforming to 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2a, 1.3, 1.3a, 1.3b, 1.4, 1.4a and Category 2 without Equalizer
- Status Display: 19 LEDs & Shield LED on Both Master and Remote. (4) LEDs for Pass, Open, Short, Cross.
- Connectors: Master (2) HDMI Type A, (1) Mini HDMI Type C; Remote (1) Type A, (1) Type C
- Dimensions: Master 4x2x6.1" (103x66x24mm); Remote 4x1.35x1.06" (103x35x27mm)
- Supported Test: 19 Pins to Pin Wiremap & Shielding Detection
- Test Modes: Fast/Slow Scan, Step by Step
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40℃C
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 50℃C
- Test Distance: Max 164ft (50m)
- Battery: DC 9V (Not Included)
- Low Battery Indicator: 6V
- (1) HDMI Signal Tester Master Unit
- (1) HDMI Signal Tester Remote Unit
- (1) Carrying Case
Does this test HDMI 2.0?
This product can test the conductors in a 2.0 cable, but it will not speed test the signal.
Is this directional?
This is not directional, but you do need to be testing the same cable end to end.
Is this HDCP compliant?
It does not have to be. It just tests continuity of the conductors, so there is no handshake needed for an AV signal.
Is this easy to use?
Yes, this is tester is easy to use. It comes with a manual, but basically you plug in both ends of the cable you're testing and press the "Test" button. Indicator lights will reveal the results of your test.
Can this fit in your pocket?
It is about 6" long, so it probably would not fit into your pocket. It can fit easily into a bag, and it also comes with a carrying case.
Does this need an external power supply?
No, it does not need to be plugged in for power.
Does this come with a battery?
This requires a DC 9V battery, but it does not come with the battery.
Can I test any kind of HDMI cable with this?
You can test HDMI A male to A male and HDMI C (mini) male to HDMI A male cables.
Will this boost my signal?
No, this product will only test conductor integrity. It does not boost your signal.