The MDVI-M-HDMI-F is a male Mini-DVI to female HDMI adapter. It is most often used to take Mini-DVI from a computer to a television or monitor. The Mini-DVI connection is most often found as an external display output on Mac laptops and desktops manufactured before 2008. It is almost exclusively used in Apple products but may be found elsewhere. With the latest in video HDMI specifications, this adapter can handle all-digital uncompressed high-definition resolutions up to 1080p. Mini-DVI will not natively carry audio, so the HDMI output from this adapter will be video only.
As with any other FireFold product big or small, you can expect the highest quality for an incredible value. Triple-layered shielding resists interference and signal degradation. Designed for professionals, the short flexible cable easily withstands the wear, tear, and stress of frequent usage. This small device can easily be hidden out of the way or behind equipment. The adapter also comes with FireFold’s Signature Lifetime Warranty which ensures your purchase is free from manufacturer defects for as long as you own it.
- Mini-DVI male plug to HDMI female port
- Perfect for connecting your Mini DVI source devices to HDMI Monitors, A/V Receivers, and HDTV
- Compatible with Mac Mini-DVI computers
- Triple Shielded to resist noise interference
- FireFold Signature Lifetime Warranty
- Bandwidth: 165MHz(4.95Gbps) to 340MHz(10.2Gbps)
- Shielding: Triple Shielding
- Signal Type: Transition Minimized Differential / Signaling (TMDS)
- Connector 1: Mini DVI Male
- Connector 2: HDMI 19 Pin Female
Does this transfer audio and video?
No, Mini-DVI is a video only connection.
Will this work with my phone, tablet, or computer?
Most new devices do not take Mini-DVI. This connection was primarily used on older MacBooks. Please consult with your device manufacturer to determine what connection is best used for HDMI.
Is this the same as Thunderbolt?
No, the Mini DisplayPort is the connection that is like Thunderbolt. We do offer a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter as well.
Why isn't my audio working?
Mini-DVI is a video only connection, so it will not output audio. You will have to use your device speakers or external speakers for audio.
Is this HDMI 2.0?
No, this is not HDMI 2.0.
Is this directional?
Yes, this adapter can only take a Mini-DVI signal to an HDMI display.
- Vertical Flat Right Angle HDMI AdapterRegular Price $7.89 Special Price $5.99
- RedMere HDMI Cable - High Speed with Ethernet 4K ReadyRegular Price $21.99 Special Price $16.99