The DPM-HDMIF-COUP is a male DisplayPort to female HDMI adapter. The DisplayPort connection is most often found as an output on laptops but other computers and monitors can use it as well. With the latest in audio and video HDMI specifications, this adapter can handle all-digital uncompressed resolutions up to 1080p. It also comes 3D-ready with a maximum 10.8Gbps video data transfer rate. DisplayPort can natively carry audio as well as video. However, whether this adapter sends sound over to HDMI will depend on whether your device is designed to output audio through the DisplayPort jack.
As with any other FireFold product big or small, you can expect the highest quality for an incredible value. Gold-plated contacts resist corrosion and signal degradation. Designed for professionals, the tough molded plastic casing stands up to the wear, tear, and stress of constant usage. This little device can easily be hidden out of the way or behind equipment. The adapter also comes with FireFold’s Signature Lifetime Warranty which ensures your purchase is free from manufacturer defects for as long as you own it.
- Converts DisplayPort signal to an HDMI signal
- Supports a 20-pin DisplayPort connector for external connections e.g. a connection with a DisplayPort monitor and an HDMI cable.
- Supports 8-bit &10-bit Deep Color for dazzling color depth
- Video data transfer of up to 10.8G/bits for high quality picture
- Supports the 1Mbit/s' bidirectional auxiliary channel for device management and control e.g. the DPMS standard
- FireFold Signature Lifetime Warranty
- Connector 1: 20 Pin DisplayPort Male
- Connector 2: HDMI Female
- Version: DisplayPort 1.1 Compliant
High Speed HDMI
- Color Support: 8 Bit and 10 Bit Deep Color
- Bandwidth: 1.62 Gbps to 2.7 Gbps
- PC Resolution Support: VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA
- HDTV Resolution Support: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 1080i, 1080p
- Standby Mode Electrical Consumption: 64uA
- Connection Status: LED Indicator
- Supports: 1Mbit Bidirectional Auxiliary Channel
One Lane, One Direction Four-Line Channel
Is this directional?
Yes, this product can only be used from a DisplayPort computer/tablet to an HDMI television or monitor.
Will this connect my computer, tablet, or phone to HDMI?
Yes, as long as the computer or tablet uses a DisplayPort connection. Most phones will not have DisplayPort. To be sure you are getting the correct adapter, please check with the manufacturer of your device.
Will this connect HDMI to a DisplayPort monitor?
No, this adapter is only for use from a DisplayPort source to an HDMI display.
Does this transfer audio and video?
Yes, Displayport transfers audio and video on most devices. You may have to change the audio settings on your computer to output audio through the DisplayPort if it does not happen automatically.
Can I use this with a Mac?
Most Apple products do not use DisplayPort. There is likely a better way to accomplish your connection. Check with your manual to see if you have any other video out options or contact us for assistance.
What version DisplayPort is this?
This is DisplayPort version 1.1a.
Is this the same as Thunderbolt?
No, it is not. Mini DisplayPort is another term for Thunderbolt. We do also have Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters.
Is this an active or passive adapter?
This is a passive adapter.
How long of an HDMI cable can I use with this?
Due to signal limitations, we do not suggest using a cable longer than 15-20' from a DisplayPort source. For longer distances, please consider HDMI with Redmere or another HDMI extender option.
Does this change the port from an input to an output?
No, the direction of a port cannot be changed.
Is this HDMI 2.0?
No, this adapter is not HDMI 2.0.