Acoustical rear enclosure for the 6.5" CS Series In-ceiling Speakers
The Current Audio speaker Back Can is a housing system designed as a multipurpose acoustic enclosure aid for the installation of speakers.
It provides for sound attenuation migrating to adjacent rooms. The housing focuses acoustic energy directly into the room for maximum speaker performance. The enclosure has a selectable slotted screw cover to choose between a sealed or ported enclosure boost bass response.
A damping device reduces standing waves and mechanical resonances plus enhances bass frequencies. It also serves to prevent debris, rodent droppings and insects from entering the speaker baffle that can alter the sound of the speaker.
The system consists of a Back Can that attaches to and houses all new style CS, CSFL, BCS and BCSFL ceiling speakers manufactured after November 2011. The BC6 and BC8 have standoffs to mount our 70 volt transformer. Once the housing is attached to the speaker it will fit our rough-in bracket or can be retro fitted using the dog legs on the speaker. The system assures a cost-effective and time-saving installation for both 8 ohm and 70 volt systems.
With our limited 5 year warranty you are assured years of superior trouble-free operation.
- Backcan enclosure for all BCS and CS series 6.5" in-ceiling speakers cannot be used with the FIT series
- Comes with gold constant tension binding posts, wiring, and dacron dampening material
- Used for reduction of sound transfer from one room to the next
- Prevents insulation or debris from entering speaker
- Can be used as a ported or sealed enclosure