Cutting the cord, have an updated HDMI monitor, or want to use your TV as your monitor? This simple plug and play converter lets you transmit a VGA signal from a PC or laptop to an HDTV or HDMI monitor. Watch your favorite stored movies, stream content, and view your photos and files right on the big screen. Audio is transmitted via the on board 3.5mm cable.
No software required, and it is powered by USB, so no external power source is needed. This is a quick and easy way to send videos, music, and streaming content from your computer to your TV.
- PC TO TV. Go from PC or laptop to an HDTV or HDMI monitor. Watch all your favorite stored movies, stream content, and view photos and files right on your TV.
- EASY TO USE. Simple plug and play operation - no software required.
- INTEGRATED AUDIO. Audio signal is sent via attached 3.5mm cable.
- NO EXTERNAL POWER REQUIRED. Powered through USB (Micro USB to USB cable included).
- CRISP, CLEAR SIGNAL. Supports Full HD resolutions up to 1080p.
- A YEAR OF REASSURANCE. Comes with a 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty against defects in workmanship.
- Supported Resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1360x768, 1600x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080
- Operating Systems: Win 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (Not Compatible with Windows 10)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Certified
- 3.5mm Cable Length: 2ft
- USB Cable Length: 3ft
- HDCP Compliant
- (1) VGA to HDMI Converter with 3.5mm Audio
Can a digital TV converter with HDMI out be connected to a VGA monitor?
No, this product is for a VGA computer to an HDMI monitor or television. You would need HDMI to VGA for that.
Is this directional?
Yes, this converter is directional. It can only work from a VGA computer to an HDMI television or monitor.
Will this work on a Mac?
This product is not designed for a Mac. Most Apple products do not use a VGA connection. There is most likely another way to get to HDMI from your Apple device.
Will this work with Windows 10?
No, this product is not tested and approved for Windows 10 devices.
Will this work with a gaming system, cable box, or DVD player?
Most gaming systems, cable boxes, and DVD players use HDMI or RCA instead of VGA. This would not work from an HDMI device to a VGA display.
Will this transfer audio and video?
As long as the 3.5mm cable on the converter is plugged into your headphone jack, this product will transfer both audio and video.
Is this HDMI 2.0?
No, this converter is not HDMI 2.0.
Is this HDCP compliant?
Yes, this converter is HDCP 1.3 compliant.
Is this 4K rated?
This converter is not 4K rated. Supported resolutions for this converter include: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1360x768, 1600x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, and 1920x1080.
Can I use this in reverse?
No, this is a directional converter. It will go from a VGA computer to an HDMI TV. We also have HDMI to VGA converters if you need one in the opposite direction.
Does this need an external power supply?
It does not need an external power supply, but you do have to plug the attached USB cable into the computer for power.
What is the USB for?
The USB must be plugged into the computer in order to power the converter.
How do you get audio?
You use the included 3.5mm cable to plug into the headphone jack audio output on your computer.
How long of an HDMI cable can I use with this?
The maximum length for most computers is 30-40'. For longer runs, please consider using an HDMI with RedMere cable.
Does this change the port from an input to an output?
No, the direction of a port cannot be changed.
Does this install any software?
No, this converter does not install any software.