Down to the Wire
The reason wireless speakers have swooped onto the scene is obvious. Unfortunately, wireless systems can be impractical for many reasons or just plain expensive. Wrestling with speaker wire can be the most imposing part of setting up a home theater surround system. You don’t have to be tackling an extensive 7.1 set-up to be faced with the question of where the cables should go and how they should be connected. Let us ease your mind. It isn’t as complicated as it seems and you certainly don’t have to be stuck with the world’s largest cord mound right in the middle of your living room.
Connect the Dots
Vanco’s 45-0060 5.2 Home Theater Connection Wall Plate is an all-in-one solution for banishing the mess of wires by running them through the wall. This wall plate is based on the décor style of design which means the two insert panels are fully removable and can be used with other décor face plates. As it comes, this wall plate is compatible with two-gang junction boxes and low voltage brackets. Although labeled for an easy home theater set-up, this wall plate can be used for whole house audio as well. With five pairs of red and black binding post connections and two RCA subwoofer jacks, this wall plate is thorough and flexible.
Binding posts are one style of connecting speaker wire to a device, source, or jack. They are mainly used with banana plugs but most, like these, can also be connected to a bare wire. They can easily fit speaker wire up to 14 AWG and they do not require any type of soldering for a secure connection. There is no opening for banana plugs on the back of this wall plate, which simplifies the installation process. All you have to do is connect the bare wire. Please note the subwoofer connections on the back side of this plate are screw-on F-style coax, not RCA.
- Use to connect audio speakers and subwoofer to a receiver/amplifier for home theatre surround sound
- Allows for 5 surround sound speakers and 2 subwoofers to be connected on a dual J box
- Compatible with Dolby Digital sound systems
- Can use banana plugs or stripped wire for easy installation
- Gold Plated for excellent sound performance
- Fits on a dual gang J-box or dual low voltage mounting bracket
- Allows wires to be organized for professional installations
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 4-7/8 x 1-3/4 (Without Wires) Deep
- Accepts Up to 14 AWG Wire
- Two Decor Style Inserts
- (10) Gold Binding Posts and (2) RCA/F Jacks
- Solderless Type
- (1) Vanco 45-0060 5.2 Home Theater Connection Wall Plate
- (4) Color Matching Screws