A Penny Saved
When it comes to home theater equipment, we all want to hold onto what we’ve got. Receivers especially are built to last. Digital signals have taken over the world of audio-video technology, but any receiver purchased before the digital boom- and some purchased much later- may not have the inputs you need to take advantage of new equipment. That doesn’t mean you should have to buy expensive replacements or skip the receiver altogether. If your devices don’t have a digital audio input, the only way to integrate them into modern gadgets may be using Vanco’s 280515 Premium Digital to Analog Audio Converter.
This audio converter can accept signal from either digital coax or optical and a convenient switch allows you to easily select which input you are using. The signal is sent back out of the box as red and white L/R RCA, but this can be easily changed to a 3.5mm plug by using a simple adapter. Set-up is simple and an indicator light allows you to see when you are up and running. All you need to properly install the Vanco 280515 are cables and an available wall outlet. This converter requires an electrical source to operate, but the 5v power supply is included.
This audio converter isn’t exclusively for use with older receivers! DTS/Dolby Digital compatible, it can be used with an endless list of cable boxes, Blu-ray players, computers, and more. Keep in mind, converting from a digital signal will unfortunately reduce your channel output to the standard analog left and right stereo. Your satisfaction is guaranteed and the Vanco 280515 digital to analog audio converter comes with a one-year warranty to ensure you can get the most out of your older equipment.
- Input Audio: Coaxial or Toslink digital audio
- Output Audio: L/R audio
- Input audio connector: Toslink 1XRCA(Coaxial)
- Output audio connector: 2XRCA (R/L)
- Sampling rate: 32, 44.1, 48 and 96 KHz
- Dimensions: 3.25” w x .93” h x 1.87” d
- Weight (Net): 78g
- Limited Warranty: 1 Year Parts and Labor
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +70 Degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 85 % RH (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -10to +80 Degrees C
- Storage Humidity: 5% to 90 % RH (no condensation)
- External Power Supply: 5V DC@2A
- Power Consumption: 0.5 watts (max)
- Converter Unit: FCC,CE,UL
- Power Supply: UL,CE,FCC
- AC Power Adapter: US standard
- Color: Black
- (1) Digital to analog converter
- (1) 5V power supply